Preparing our students for tomorrow...today!
We envision a United School District where:
- Our students are given opportunity and support to develop their individual talents at their highest potential.
- Our students have an equal opportunity to learn and express their creativity.
- Our administrators, teachers and staff work with students and parents to provide a safe, nurturing learning environment.
- Our personnel demonstrate a passion for teaching and learning, a commitment to personal growth and respect for individuals.
- Our curriculum and instruction are student centered, results oriented and future focused.
- Our facilities are maintained and equipped with high-quality, relevant resources for real-world application.
- Our school community is committed to continuous improvement.
- Our students are actively engaged in independent and collaborative learning.
- Our students are prepared to contribute an ever-changing, increasingly diverse community, society and world.
- Our district encourages and develops leadership and excellence throughout the school community.
Concerning Students, we believe that:
- All students should have the opportunities to learn in a safe, secure and caring environment.
- All students can achieve success in school when their learning experience is meaningful, relevant and challenging.
- The learning environment should support the unique abilities, interests, needs and goals of the students.
- All students deserve a learning environment that is equipped with the resources necessary for them to be successful.
- Students should be prepared to be critical thinkers and life-long self-directed learners to become productive members of a diverse global society.
Concerning the Learning Communities/Educators & Teaching, we believe that:
- On-going professional development is essential for the enhancement of the learning process.
- Professional development and collaboration are the foundation of continuous growth.
- Educators should embrace all aspects of professionalism and the "Educators Code of Ethics."
- Staff members should be equipped with the resources and tools to be effective in the classroom.
Concerning the Community, we believe that:
- Effective education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, educators, and the community.
- All benefit when people work together.
- The community that values education prospers.